Saturday 30 January 2010

Where's the Thing gone?!

Since the screenshot's a bit small, I was going to edit my last post to tell you what my gadgets are. So I went to www.google.co.uk, then clicked the iGoogle link in the top right-hand corner, but all I got was the original, standard start page, not my customised one, because I'm using a different computer. So I tried signing in to my Google account, but still no personalised page. I assume there's some simple way of getting to it from any computer, so -- am I missing something obvious?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,

    It seems to me that when you added all the gadgets in your iGoogle page, you were not signed in (as shown in the screenshot). The gadgets will only stay in your iGoogle page if you sign in using your Google ID first, then add gadgets. Once you have done that, the gadgets will be stored against your Google ID and no matter which computer you use then, you can access them just by signing in.

    Hope this helps and all the best for 23 things journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that's the problem, as all my gadgets are there whenever I open up iGoogle on the laptop which I use for most of my work -- but thanks for your suggestion anyway!

    ReplyDelete