Monday 1 February 2010

Things get distracting

Right, so I've added my prescribed 5 RSS feeds, in addition to one for the 23 Things programme blog. In an endeavour to be serious and work-related, the first two were for news from COPAC and CERL (the Consortium of European Research Libraries). Then I tried to find some related to Oxford libraries. I hoped there'd be one for news about the new ILS, but couldn't find one, so I added the two OULS news/notices ones on the Bodleian's home page. Need a fifth one -- perhaps something a little less worthy? How about the Environment Agency's flood warnings, since my house is on the edge of a flood-risk area? Nope, no feed for that. Blogs about books? How about Doreen Tovey, chronicler of the lighter side of living in the country with Siamese cats? Or blogs about, or even by Siamese cats? --some of those highly intelligent, talkative and imperious creatures are bound to be writing their own blogs on how to keep humans in their proper place, i.e. firmly under an elegant velvety paw. Siamese Supremacy, Wubert the Siamese, Meezers ... oh dear, who moved the hands of the clock round so far? I haven't even started studying my fellow 23 Thing-ers blogs yet, and it's time for tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment